Portal Labs Ltd
Last Updated: 14th January 2019
Information Collection and Use
Types of Personal Information
When you use our Services, register for an account or engage in certain activities, or contact us directly, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information:
- Personal Information such as your email address, phone number and postal address to correspond with you directly or in response to any customer or technical support queries, or other programs that we may offer from time to time or in other communications with us
- information gathered through your participation in questionnaires, online surveys or native feedback questions. You acknowledge that all information you provide is voluntary and may be used to improve our Site, App, Content or Services, including product experience, in line with the terms outlined in this document
- information gathered through your participation in Portal run competitions or sweepstakes. As in (b) above, you acknowledge that provision of such information is voluntary. Portal may use your contact details to contact you for future promotional, marketing or business purposes. You will have the option to opt out of these communications.
- in some cases we may collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP address into a rough geolocation or by accessing your mobile device’s GPS coordinates or coarse location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalise our Services for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your device
- information that is sent by your mobile device when you use our Services (such as device identifier, user settings, mobile carrier, and the operating system of your device). Such devices or tools on such devices may transmit Personal Information to us to enable you to access your account and to enable us to track you use of these tools
- Automatic data collection through our Services or other methods of web analysis such as:
- Log Data. whenever you use our Services, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilising our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
- Cookies. Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device's internal memory. This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. If used, you have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
- Web Beacons. “Web beacons”, “tags” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our Site, App and Services.
Information Submitted via Portal Services
Links to Other Sites
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate or administer our Services;
- To provide the Services on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analysing how our Services are used.
We use Google Analytics and Google Analytics for Firebase for app and website analytics, to help us understand how our users use our Services. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to take all commercially acceptable means of protecting it. Please note that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How we use your information
The following are the limited situations where we may share Personal Information:
- with your permission: We may share Personal Information when we have your permission: i.e. if you sign up for programs offered by us or any of our partners. If you do this, we may share certain information with the partners. This could include things like your account information and the activation status of your device. If you use third-party services integrated with the Services, their own terms and privacy policies will govern those services.
- for external processing: As noted above, we may use vendors, service providers, and other persons to help with some of our processing and storage, including helping to answer your questions. They may also assist with monitoring our servers for technical problems.
These persons (as well as Portal employees) can access certain information about you or your account to perform such services.
- as part of business transitions: upon the sale or transfer of the company and/or all or part of its assets, your personal information may be among the items sold or transferred. We will request a purchaser to treat our data under the privacy statement in place at the time of its collection.
- for legal reasons: We may provide information to a third party if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so for legal reasons. For example, to respond to legal process, or comply with applicable laws.
- we may share non-personal information (for example, aggregated or anonymized customer data) publicly and with our partners. For example, we may publish trends about use of certain aspects of the Services and Content. This information may also be shared to help us generally improve our Services or system.
Your Right to be Deleted
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. You may also contact us to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes.
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to take necessary actions.